Choose a heading from below
Of all the things we take for granted in life, one at the top of the list must surely be our feet
Our Feet help us balance, walk, run, and propel us the equivalent of 5 times around the earth’s surface in an average life time.
Our routine podiatry (formerly chiropody) assessment and treatment is suitable for all; young and old, in fact you may be surprised to find out that 9 out of 10 people will have experienced problems with their feet before the age of 30, so podiatry is not just a service for older individuals. Think of our routine podiatry treatment as much the same as a routine check-up with your dentist, but of course for your feet. Our podiatrists are specialists in the areas of the foot, ankle and lower limb complaints and have completed extensive training in these specific areas.
What foot conditions are typically treated in a Routine Podiatry Treatment?
- Corns, callus, dry, hard and cracked skin on all areas of the foot.
- Painful, thick, yellow, in-growing and fungal infected toenails.
- Foot infections such as athletes foot, fungal infections verrucae and warts.
- All foot problems associated with diabetes.
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Simple foot and postural pains.
- At Feet in Focus we offer a comprehensive range of treatments, if you do not have any of the condition listed above but do have foot and posture complaints please take a look at our other services such as our biomechanical assessment as they may be more suitable to your needs.
What’s included in a Routine Podiatry Treatment?
- Warm soothing and conditioning footbath.
- An extensive foot health assessment.
- A full review of medical history and medication.
- Our HCPC Registered Podiatrists will take time to understand any concerns you may have about your feet.
- Hard skin and corns will be gently removed and nails trimmed and filed.
- The treatment is normally completed with the application of a foot moisturiser or a cooling foot spray.
- Our HCPC Registered Podiatrists will provide you with a treatment plan and advice on how to keep your feet healthy and in optimal condition.
- All patients are assessed on an individual basis and so the treatment can vary slightly, this ensures each and every patient get the right treatment and advice based on their own concerns.
If you choose Feet in Focus for your podiatry needs you can be reassured that all our podiatrists are registered with the The Health & Care Professions Council and are Members of The Society of Podiatrists and Chiropodists, our podiatrists have over 10 years of experience of treating a full range of foot, ankle and lower limb disorders.
To make an appointment
For further information on the services we offer or to book your appointment today please call the practice, alternatively you can email the clinic any time of the day or request a call back with a time that is convenient to you.
Please be aware that we ask our patients to give a minimum of 24 hours notice if you would like to cancel or change an appointment, otherwise a cancelation charge will be levied.